In Phileas Fogg Travel Agency Ltd ( registration # HE 352424, Lapithou 11, 2410 Egkomi, Cyprus ), we are committed to protect your privacy and safeguard your personally identifiable information. Phileas Fogg Travel is dedicated to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws throughout the world.
The privacy statement set below, applies to personal data processed by Phileas Fogg Travel Agency Ltd, registered in Cyprus under registration number HE 393741 with registered office address at 11 Lapithou str., 2410 Egkomi.
We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of the information we collect, how when and why we use it, and and to whom we give the information. It demonstrates your rights in relation to your data and indicates whom you can contact for additional information or queries, so please take a moment to read the sections below.
TO WHOM THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES TO
You can find how we will collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you when:
- providing services to you or to our clients,
- you use “our Website”, or,
- We perform any other activities that form part of the operation of our business.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect Personal Information such as:
- Name, telephone number and email address, your business title, nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification information;
- Billing information, other contact information, personal details, health related information, demographics, information you provide by filling in forms regardless if it is for us, third parties or government agencies ;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Employer or other relevant details if you are an employee of a corporate account, records and copies of your correspondence with us, transaction details;
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, banks, accounting firms or other providers);
The personal data that we may collect may also include ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your health (for example, in relation to life and medical insurance), ethnic or racial origin. Please note that, when the processing of sensitive personal data is not allowed by law, an explicit consent from you will be required whenever we may have to obtain sensitive personal data about you so as to provide our services.
The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the services that we provide to you, or how you use our Website. In some rare circumstances, we might also gather other special categories of personal data about you, for example as a result of legal requirements imposed on us.
Where we have no direct contractual relationship with you but obtain your personal data about you by our client, we take steps to ensure that the client has complied with the privacy laws and regulations relevant to that information; this may include, for example, that the client has provided you with the relevant information notices in relation to how your personal data will be processed and disclosed to third parties such as Phileas Fogg Travel and has obtained any necessary consents for us to process your personal data as described in this privacy statement and/or our engagement with the client.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND DISCLOSURE:
Collection & Use
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personally identifiable information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our web sites, products and services. It is our practice not to ask you for information unless we need it or intend to use it. Some of the primary sources and purposes for collecting your personally identifiable information are as follows:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction, financial statements, auditing services and any other service Phileas Fogg Travel provides to its clients, or discussing possible services we might provide to you as a prospective client
- To manage your account, to provide you with customer support and with notices about your account, including notices, notices about changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- marketing and communications with you in relation to the products and services offered by Phileas Fogg Travel and our strategic marketing partners, and other trusted third parties
- To enforce our terms and conditions and to comply with our legal obligations as these derive from the applicable laws or our regulator.
- To detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
- to safeguard the security of our people, premises and assets and prevent trespassing through video surveillance
- because it is publicly available
You will always be offered the choice not to submit your personally identifiable information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected.
Processing and Disclosure
In most cases, the information you provide is added to a local or global database. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your personally identifiable and sensitive information to our affiliates, and/or third party service providers throughout the world for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement. As a general practice we do not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties Situations in which we may disclose your information to others include:
- when we have received your consent to do so
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you products or services you desire
- when companies or services providers that perform business activities on behalf of Phileas Fogg Travel require such information
- identifiable information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligations
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual
- To official bodies such as courts and other public bodies In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or other judicial or administrative order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement, government or regulatory agencies; or to enforce our Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; or as otherwise required by law (including responding to any government or regulatory request). In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion. To the extent a disclosure is necessary in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to maintain and protect the security and integrity of our Website or infrastructure
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by is among the assets transferred.
Our Website may host various social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please note that some of the recipients of your personal data referenced above may be based in countries outside of the European Union. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate measures and safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations and that direct recipients shall provide the same level of protection as within the European Union..
If information is shared as mentioned above, we seek to limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may mail, e-mail, telephone, or contact you by other means to notify you of new products and services, or upcoming special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected third parties. We always offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our e-mails or other communications, or by contacting us directly. In certain circumstances, we will seek your express permission when we collect information that is regarded under certain data privacy regulations to be sensitive in nature (e.g., information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, or health conditions).
We recognize the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing our technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
(i) As long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services,
(ii) Any retention period that is required by law,
(iii) The end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services, or,
(iv) Any retention period as per our Firm’s official retention policy [which can be made available upon request].
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose and that is related to you, including the right:
- You may request to obtain from ourselves a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Information concerning you (right to data rectification);
- to delete/erase your Personal Information (right to erasure/deletion, “right to be forgotten”);
- to receive the Personal Information provided by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those Personal Information to another data controller (right to data portability)
- to object to the use of your Personal Information where such use is based on our legitimate interests or on public interests (right to object); and
- in some cases, to restrict our use of your Personal Information (right to restriction of processing)
- Withdraw your consent with regard to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes at any time. Note that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing which was based on consent before it was withdrawn or revoked by you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES:
In order to anticipate your needs, we provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while we will protect your information on Phileas Fogg Travel owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites, including web sites owned or controlled by independent partners. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
We do not seek to obtain nor wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our web sites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future marketing communications.
UPDATES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT:
Phileas Fogg Travel may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers. Updated versions will be posted to our web site and date stamped so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection in Cyprus. If you would like to be directed to the Office of the Commissioner, please contact us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Address: Lapithou 11, Suite 101, 2410 Egkomi, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22319230
Fax: +357 22319330